Friday, August 29, 2008

This may be a long one....

For the most part August was a good month for us. A wonderful new park opened up here not far from our house. This part of the valley is really beginning to take off and grow. We have a lot of beautiful parks for the boys to play in.......once it cools off that is! There will be a beautiful new Library soon as well. It's really going to be a happening place to live. I'm very happy that we live on this side of town, as long as we're here in Vegas I don't want to leave this area.

I don't think we'll be leaving any time soon. The sale of our house should finally go through with in the next month. It will be good to finally get all of that taken care of. None of us like the feeling of having our lives up in the air. With the economy in the crapper Dwayne won't be looking for a new job any where else soon either. Who wants to be the first person on the chopping block if they have to cut jobs? Besides he loves his job and they love him.

Calvin started school finally! He's only been going a week, but so far he likes it. His teacher is still on maternity leave so he will have a sub for the first month or so but, he doesn't seem to mind. I'm very glad to have him back at school! We are so much alike so we butt heads a lot. It's also nice to have a little bit of time with just Zach and I.

Zach is getting so big so fast! He's talking a lot. He says "Oh My Gos" and "No Way" a lot. He just finished up his swim lessons. He didn't really like them until the last day....of course. Now he seems to think he's Michael Phelps (he's not, the best he does is hold his breath) cuz he'll jump in with no warning. I don't know which is worse, him thinking he's a pro or him being afraid and crying. I'm just glad the classes are over. He's such a slim Jim his teeth were always chattering and it made me feel bad. He's growing into quite the little character, always making us laugh. I just know he's going to be the class clown.

I can see it now....being called to the school because Zach is disrupting class with fart noises and falling out of desks and Calvin is giving out too much information about one thing or the other. "Mrs. Carpenter, Calvin is running around saying if a Republican gets elected president we will all go broke." Or "Mrs. Carpenter Calvin is saying 'My mom says that the big building with the giant white horn on the top ( a Mormon church) is where all the crazy people go on Sundays'." I really have my hands full here people! You all know I've never been good at minding my Ps and Qs and now I REALLY have to and it's hard!!!

Calvin has also started soccer. His first practice was Tuesday and when he got home he was exhausted! Dwayne said half way through practice (it's 2 hours!) he looked over at Dwayne and told him "Just cancel me! I can't do this!" He made it through though and according to Dwayne he did a really good job. He's the only kid on his team that doesn't speak Spanish so he doesn't always understand what the coaches are saying but he pays very close attention. Don't ask me what the team name is cuz I can't even pronounce it! They're named after some Mexican soccer team. I'll post it later.

I'm convinced Dwayne is going through a mid life crisis. He went on some crazy diet called The Master Cleanse where he drank nothing but a crazy concoction of lemon juice, maple syrup, water and cheyenne pepper for 10 days! Yes he made it all 10 days (damn him and his stubborn will power!) and lost 18 lbs! Now he's Mr Fitness working out all the time and trying to eat healthy. He got all bummed cuz he gained 1 lb!!! Uhhhhggg! I so wanted to scratch his eyes out over that!!! Gimme a break! It was muscle, since he's turned into Arnold Swharzenegger! Here I am with my Jelly Belly and he's turning into Jack Lalanne!

Do you think I've developed a bit of a self esteem issue lately? It's my own fault. I had minor surgery on my "lady regions" earlier this month and haven't been back to the gym since. I'm so lazy. Hell, I'm lucky I get outta bed to get "Mr Too Much Information" to the bus stop. I must snap out of it soon because you know what's coming in 2 weeks? Our Mexico Vacation!!!! Woooo Hoooooo!!! Maybe I'll try The Master Cleanse Diet!!!! I'll show Dwayne and his will power! Ummm, doubt it. I'll just be the one on the beach with her margarita or beer resting on her belly with a straw in it! Just kidding! It's not that bad!

Okay, on to a more serious issue. As you can see from my side bar over to the right, I've added a widget or 2. A few of them being about Obama. Did you all see his speech last night (8/28)? Did he knock your socks off or what?! He was amazing, inspiring and just plain AWESOME! I'll admit, he wasn't my first choice.........stupid John Edwards was...........I'm still kicking myself for that one, the ASS. Now Obama is my man! I truly feel he is the best man for the job. He has a vision and hope for us that I haven't seen in a politician in a very long time. I know most of you are democrats and will vote for him......for the few of you who aren't or are undecided please do vote for him. We so can't have 4 more years of the same SHIT. McCrazy is just that.....CRAZY. And that woman he chose as his running mate is no where near ready to take over if he kicks the bucket (and you all know that could likely happen cuz he's OLD)! Here's a few quotas from her: "What does a vice president do any way?" or "The war hasn't really been a priority for me." She's pro-life, anti-gay and a lifetime member of the NRA. She has ZERO foreign policy experience. This was simply a ploy to win over women. McCrazy must think us chicks are stupid. I can't wait to see feisty Joe Biden mop the floor with her!

There, I'm done. No more ranting about politics........for now any way.

We hope you all are doing great! I'm sorry I didn't send out a link to this for last month...it was just a bit uneventful that's all. The slide show from last month is on the right under the Obama stuff if you're interested (the blog about it is below this one). You probably won't hear from us until we return from our fabulous vacation in Mexico. Until then Audios Amigos!!!